José Dantas – Portugal
1) Please tell us briefly about yourself? And what you’ve been up to these last few years?
My name is José Dantas who was born in 02/17/1958. Since I was young, I remember that music is my passion. In high school I had a group of closely linked friends who listened the music of Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Pink Floyd, Yes, Camel, and others. Then I decided to play music. At that time I played with various artists. Now a day I have my band “Four Shades of Blues” and still love to play in Jam session. Music is my first love.
2) How did you get to know Sire Bass and what is your first impression when you play Sire bass for the first time?
I knew the Sire bass via YouTube. I saw a video of Marcus Miller and I was very curious, then I spoke with my friend who had bought three sire basses and told him that I would like to try this bass. But he said that “do not try to buy amazing ones”. Finally I bought it after I played it with ecstasy at first time. Let me tell you somethings, I have thirty basses already but this is the only one that has even the sounds I need in all situations.
3) When and how did you start playing bass?
It was in 1972 that I fell in love with music. At that time I asked for a guitar from my uncle and he sent a Braguesa guitar. It is 10 strings Portuguese regional guitar. But I still didn’t know how I took with 10 strings. So I let them become only four and started to follow the blues radio program. At that moment I became a bassist by accidentally. In high school in 1973 I had my first band and performance with kind of blues song. Until I came to music school where I studied music. I found that so many bands played as we did.
4) I found that you are a professional musician with two bands that you are member. Could you please tell us briefly about your bands and how different between both of yours?
One of the bands is a project of the great artist “Mila Ferreira” who love participate in music director. And “The Four Shades of Blues” is biggest bet in my music path. It is beginning now. We will launch our first single soon.
5) Do you have any plans for your bands in 2016?
For our Project with “Mila Ferreira”, we will keep continue to promote new songs. And launch “the Four Shades of Blues” internationally.
6) Because of your experiences preforming in public with so many times. Do you still remember for the first time that you performed with a crowd and how does it feel?
The first time was in high school community with my blues band. I was so nervous to play the first note but after that it was beautiful unforgettable moment!
7) Do you think the Music can do something to this world?
Peace, Joy and Culture I hope.
8) What the music means to you?
Music is life, feeling and sharing. No need a competition.
9) Any advice or suggestion to Sire guitars?
Continue your fantastic philosophy and work Best Regards.